Compatibility: For use with any OEM fuel system control module (Ford, GM, etc.) when using OEM fuel modules. Click here if you are using aftermarket fuel pumps.
The newest series of GM and Ford engines and engine control systems are some of the greatest technology available today. But, like all gearheads, we usually want more, right?
Unfortunately, the OEM Fuel Pump Pressure Modules (FPPM) and Fuel Pump Driver Modules (FPDM) included in the GM, Ford, and other OEM wiring harnesses, leaves a bit to be desired when more fuel is needed.
This kit allows the FPPM/Ford FPDM or other OEM PWM output fuel computer to control the primary module, while the VaporWorx Ally controller “Piggybacks” and takes care of the second. The Ally takes its operating commands from the FPPM/FSCM to tell it how to operate. No user programming or system changes are needed.
When used in this way there is sufficient power for all fuel modules while maintaining full FPPM/FPDM CAN feedback and diagnostics. All pumps will effectively be under the control of the FPPM/FPDM. This arrangement typically eliminates MIL codes caused by too much power being required by the FPPM/FPDM.
With just a single 20ga wire to attach to the FPPM/FPDM fuel pump +, it’s just battery power in, and fuel module power out. No on/off switch, etc. It just follows the FPPM/FPDM once it turns on and controls the secondary module.
If you’re thinking of future power upgrades for your LT4, or doing a fresh LT5 installation, dual fuel modules are a great way to do the job once and be ready to go. Other applications needing e85 and working with the Ford FPDM and other OEM FPPM/FPDM’s, this kit should suit your needs.
Features of the kit include:
- Everything needed electrically to drive the fuel pump module. No relays, external regulators, or return lines needed.
- Unmatched low fuel level capability.
- A 2/3 reduction in power to the fuel pump during idle and cruise vs traditional systems.
- 40A minimum continuous power rating in a compact controller package. Total size 4”L x 2.1”W x 1-5/8”H.
- Over-temperature shutdown with automatic reset.
- Short circuit protection that will operate indefinitely without damage.
- OEM Delphi/Aptiv connections for terminals, seals, and connector bodies where appropriate.
- All cross-linked polyethylene wiring.
- UL94 rated components used throughout.
- Integrates into the OE ECM to allow all safety systems to remain functional.
- 10-22v operating capacity. Can be used with voltage boosters. The preferred booster is the JMS FuelMax. Lower than 10v applied to the turn on circuit will cause controller shutdown to protect from an AFR lean condition.
Below is a basic layout diagram using Gen5 Camaro ZL1 fuel modules. Other fuel module layouts will be similar. Please specify which fuel modules are being used.
NEW! Find your perfect PWM Controller Kit
It’s easier than ever to be sure you’re getting the right PWM Controller Kit for your build! Click the button below to try out our new PWM Controller Kit Selection Tool and find the perfect kit, specifically compatible with your application, based on the options you select.