Compatibility: For use with any OEM fuel system control module (Ford, GM, etc.) when using OEM fuel modules. Click here if you are using aftermarket fuel pumps.
The newest series of GM and Ford engines and engine control systems are some of the greatest technology available today. But, like all gearheads, we usually want more, right?
Unfortunately, the OEM Fuel Pump Pressure Modules (FPPM) and Fuel Pump Driver Modules (FPDM) included in the GM, Ford, and other OEM wiring harnesses, leaves much to be desired when more fuel is needed. They do not have sufficient electronics power capacity and insufficient power terminals to supply high-power applications.
This kit allows the FPPM/Ford FPDM or other OEM PWM output fuel computer to control the primary module, while the VaporWorx Ally controller “Piggybacks” and takes care of the second. The Ally takes its operating commands from the FPPM/FSCM to tell it how to operate. No user programming or system changes are needed.
When used in this way there is sufficient power for all fuel modules while maintaining full FPPM/FPDM CAN feedback and diagnostics. All pumps will effectively be under the control of the FPPM/FPDM. This arrangement typically eliminates MIL codes caused by too much power being required by the FPPM/FPDM. This is a popular way to use high-output pumps (Deatchwerks and AEM) in Cadillac CTS-V2 fuel modules. Use the FSCM to drive one pump, and the VaporWorx Ally controller to drive the second pump. Gen5/6 Camaro and Gen2 CTS-V platforms are well suited for this modification.
With just a single 20ga wire to attach to the FPPM/FPDM fuel pump +, it’s just battery power in, and fuel module power out. No on/off switch, etc. It just follows the FPPM/FPDM once it turns on and controls the secondary module.
If you’re thinking of future power upgrades for your LT4, or doing a fresh LT5 installation, dual fuel modules are a great way to do the job once and be ready to go. Other applications needing e85 and working with the OEM Fuel System Control Module (Pump+ pulsed) and other OEM FPPM/FPDM’s, this kit should suit your needs.
It is strongly suggested to NOT use an inline filter with with OEM fuel modules except Gen3 Coyote GT500. Final filtering is built in. Some aftermarket fuel filters have a built-in check valve which will cause a heat-soak related overpressure condition that will lock up port type fuel injectors.
Features of the kit include:
- Everything needed electrically to drive the fuel pump module. No relays, external regulators, or return lines needed.
- Unmatched low fuel level capability.
- A 2/3 reduction in power to the fuel pump during idle and cruise vs traditional systems.
- 40A minimum continuous power rating in a compact controller package. Total size 4”L x 2.1”W x 1-5/8”H.
- Over-temperature shutdown with automatic reset.
- Short circuit protection that will operate indefinitely without damage.
- OEM Delphi/Aptiv connections for terminals, seals, and connector bodies where appropriate.
- All cross-linked polyethylene wiring.
- UL94 rated components used throughout.
- 10-22v operating capacity. Can be used with voltage boosters. The preferred booster is the JMS FuelMax.
Below is a basic layout diagram using Gen5 Camaro ZL1 fuel modules. Other fuel module layouts will be similar. Please specify which fuel modules are being used.
NEW! Find your perfect PWM Controller Kit
It’s easier than ever to be sure you’re getting the right PWM Controller Kit for your build! Click the button below to try out our new PWM Controller Kit Selection Tool and find the perfect kit, specifically compatible with your application, based on the options you select.