Compatibility: For use with the KPM Streetfigher 1500HP fuel module.
The newest LS and LT-series of GM engines and engine control systems are some of the greatest technology available today. But, like all gearheads, we usually want more, right? Well, the KPM Streetfighter 1500HP fuel module is one of the best upgrade fuel modules available. It is very well engineered and works the way an OEM level part should. The drawback? The OEM Fuel System Control Module, another great piece of engineering, does not have sufficient power capability to drive both both KPM pumps.
The cure? Use the FSCM to control the primary pump, and the VaporWorx Ally controller to handle the second. When used in this way the FSCM stays under the power limits that set off MIL codes.
This kit allows the GM FSCM to control the primary pump, while the VaporWorx Ally controller “Piggybacks” and takes care of the second. When used in this way there is sufficient power for all fuel pumps while maintaining the FSCM CAN feedback and diagnostics. All pumps will effectively be under the control of the FSCM.
With just a single 20ga wire to attach to the FSCM fuel pump + wire for commands, hookup is straightforward. With that done, it’s just battery power in, and fuel pump power out. No on/off switch, no Hobb’s pressure switch, etc. It just follows the FSCM once it turns on and controls the secondary pump.
Since both pumps run at all times in the KPM 1500HP module, using PWM to slow down the pumps is very effective in keeping fuel temperatures down and relieving the electrical system of excessive load. Testing has shown that PWM control at typical idle/cruise pressure and flowrates shows power reducing from 422w to 73w, an 83% reduction in power.
This kit is specifically made for the Streetfigher 1500HP.
Features of the kit include:
- Everything needed electrically to drive the fuel pump.
- A 80%+ reduction in power to the fuel pump during idle and cruise vs traditional return systems.
- Specific control strategy to reduce the workload to the OEM FSCM.
- 40A minimum continuous power rating in a compact controller package. Total size 4”L x 2.1”W x 1-5/8”H.
- Over-temperature shutdown with automatic reset.
- Short circuit protection that will operate indefinitely without damage.
- OEM Delphi/Aptiv connections for terminals, seals, and connector bodies where appropriate.
- All cross-linked polyethylene wiring.
- UL94 rated components used throughout.
Below is a basic layout diagram:
NEW! Find your perfect PWM Controller Kit
It’s easier than ever to be sure you’re getting the right PWM Controller Kit for your build! Click the button below to try out our new PWM Controller Kit Selection Tool and find the perfect kit, specifically compatible with your application, based on the options you select.