PressureWorx PWM ZL1 LSA fuel module control system.
The PressureWorx ZL1 LSA fuel module control system has everything needed to provide a stand-alone, OE-type returnless fuel system that meets the GM LSA crate engine fuel pressure requirements. When used with the Gen5/6 fuel module the system will provide the needed manifold referenced (MAP sensor based) fuel pressure that cannot be met with traditional return type pressure regulators.
Suggested compatible fuel modules:
ZL1 Gen5: ACDELCO M10081 or MU2101 (with OEM fuel level sensor)
ZL1 Gen6: MU2369 (with fuel level sensor)
The OEM fuel level sensor is not used for VaporWorx controller function.
When combined with the Gen5 Camaro ZL1 fuel module a 650hp supercharged fuel pumping system is easily obtained. This setup has been used in hundreds of applications with good success, easier fitment, and low overall cost. Though the Gen6 ZL1 fuel module is less expensive, it it typically more difficult to use due to its increased mounting height, vertical fuel line attachment, the need to plug a large vent hole, and the need to plug the small nipple used for remote high pressure fuel pickups. The pumping sections, therefore the output, of the Gen5 and Gen6 ZL1 are the same.
The PressureWorx Fuel Module Controller system includes these standard features:
- Everything needed electrically to drive the ZL1 fuel pump module. No relays, external regulators, or return lines needed. 650hp capable.
- Unmatched low fuel level capability when matched with an OEM style fuel module.
- Tuned specifically for the LSA crate engine controller.
- Unmatched low fuel level capability.
- A 50% reduction in power to the fuel module during idle and cruise vs traditional systems.
- 40A minimum continuous power rating in a compact controller package. Total size 4”L x 2.1”W x 1-5/8”H.
- Over-temperature shutdown with automatic reset that will operate indefinitely without damage.
- Short circuit protection that will operate indefinitely without damage.
- OEM Delphi/Aptive connections for terminals, seals, and connector bodies where appropriate.
- All cross-linked polyethylene wiring.
- 20′ wiring harness from the controller to the fuel module.
- UL94 rated components used throughout.
- Integrates into the OE ECM to allow all safety systems to remain functional.
- 10-22v operating capacity. Can be used with voltage boosters. The preferred booster is the JMS FuelMax. Lower than 10v applied to the turn on circuit will cause controller shutdown to protect from an AFR lean condition.
- The controller can be changed to a standard 1:1 manifold referenced fuel pressure if injector / power upgrades are performed.
The basic connections and wiring layout is shown below.