The BoostWorx Ford Mustang GT fuel module control system has everything needed to provide a stand alone, manifold referenced, OE-type returnless fuel system.
When used with the low-cost Ford/Motorcraft PFS1215 fuel module the system will provide a 42-60psi base pressure with a 1:1 manifold referenced fuel pressure change for up to 40psi of boost. It will act just like a mechanical fuel pressure regulator would with the ECM tuned in the same manner. The fuel injector does not know if the fuel supplied is pumped by a return or returnless system.
The key to making this system simple to use is the stand-alone manifold pressure sensor that tells the BoostWorx controller how to adjust the fuel pressure.
Just like a manifold referenced mechanical fuel pressure regulator, simply connect the hose from the pressure sensor mount to the intake manifold, set the fuel pressure according to the need, and you’re done. Base fuel pressures at idle are typically between 42-60psi, but the VaporWorx controller has much greater range if needed.
The BoostWorx controller can also be used with any engine that needs to have a separate MAP sensor for manifold referenced fuel pressure. The kit is tailored to fit the PFS1215 fuel module by using the OEM Delphi/Aptive connector and terminals.
The fuel requirements for all versions of the Ford Controls Pack for the Naturally Aspirated Coyote crate engine can be met with this BoostWorx controller.
This kit can also be used in constant pressure mode. Just remove the vacuum line or MAP sensor wiring, and the controller will provide a constant pressure. The controller can also be sent in to VaporWorx to be tuned to a specific MAP sensor.
Suggested fuel modules:
- Any Gen1-3 naturally aspirated Coyote equipped fuel module. Motorcraft PFS1215 suggested. The PFS1215 fuel module can also be used for other naturally aspirated applications besides Coyote (Hotrod, LS, SBF, etc.)
- NOTE: It is highly recommended to NOT use an inline fuel filter with a modern integrated fuel module. With the Gen3 GT500 as the exception, a final filter is built into the fuel module. Many aftermarket inline filters have check valves. During key-off engine hot days, heat soak from the engine/exhaust will make the fuel pressure increase, often to over 200psi. Once the key-off pressure goes over about 100psi the injectors can no longer function, hence the car will not start. The check valve does not allow the excessive pressure to bleed off through the safety overpressure valve that is built into the fuel module.
The BoostWorx GT Controller includes these standard features:
- Everything needed electrically to drive the fuel pump module. No relays, external regulators, or return lines needed.
- Unmatched low fuel level capability when combined with the OEM style fuel module.
- A minimum 50% reduction in power to the fuel pump during idle and cruise vs traditional systems.
- 40A minimum continuous power rating in a compact controller package. Total size 4”L x 2.1”W x 1-5/8”H.
- Over-temperature shutdown with automatic reset.
- Short circuit protection that will operate indefinitely without damage.
- OEM Delphi/Aptiv connections for terminals, seals, and connector bodies.
- All cross-linked polyethylene wiring.
- UL94 rated components used throughout.
- Integrates into the OE ECM to allow all safety systems to remain functional.
- 10-22v operating capacity. Can be used with voltage boosters. The preferred booster is the JMS FuelMax. Lower than 10v applied to the turn on circuit will cause controller shutdown to protect from an AFR lean condition.
UPDATE! All BoostWorx kits now feature the billet aluminum VaporWorx MAP sensor bracket and 4bar pressure sensor!
The basic wiring layout and connections are shown in the following diagram:
This product has dedicated documentation available:
Click the button to view the documentation, or click here for download options.
NEW! Find your perfect PWM Controller Kit
It’s easier than ever to be sure you’re getting the right PWM Controller Kit for your build! Click the button below to try out our new PWM Controller Kit Selection Tool and find the perfect kit, specifically compatible with your application, based on the options you select.